Throughout the grand narrative of history, God has heard the prayers of a woman to change circumstance, culture, and those in authority. Psalm 68:11 proclaims it boldly – The Lord gave the command; a great company of women brought the Good News.

Roll through history with me…

In ancient days a young woman named Esther called for a fast and courageously stood up against the Persian Empire to save the Jews from annihilation.  

 The courage of a young virgin named Mary to brave the culture and believe the impossible brought the Savior to the world. 

While the disciples hid in fear behind locked doors, Mary Magdalene ran to the tomb and became the eyewitness to the good news that “Jesus is indeed risen!” 

Helena, the mother of Emperor Constantine, prayed until her son declared Christianity as the official religion of the empire, thereby ending persecution of the church and the required worship of pagan gods across the known world. 

Early church father Augustine, once a drunken womanizer, was prayed into salvation by his mother Monica.  He wrote that she “wept more for my spiritual death than most mothers weep for the bodily death of their children.”  

The Great Reformation of the 1500’s led by Martin Luther declared to the world, “The just shall live by faith.”  Katie Luther knelt and prayed, breed cattle, ran the farm, and took in boarders so that her husband could keep preaching this good news. 

250 million copies of Pilgrim’s Progress written by John Bunyan have filled the world with intrigue. Bunyan said he was drawn to the Christian faith when he saw “three or four poor women sitting at a door … talking about the things of God.”

The 19th century rolled in with slavery as the norm. At 29 Sojourner Truth ran away from her master and right into personal salvation in Christ. The uneducated woman spent the rest of her life declaring the Gospel and speaking out against slavery. 

Across the pond, 85% of people in the villagers of London were classified as impoverished peasants. Catherine Booth went to the remaining 15% to raise enough money to found and continue The Salvation Army while her husband, William, preached to the poor. 

While the world whirled in the fear and hatred of WWII, Corrie Ten Boom emerged from a Nazi death camp to tell the world: “There is no pit so deep that God’s love is not deeper still.  God will give us the love to be able to forgive our enemies.”  

Do you see yourself in one of these stories?  No requirements other than a pure heart of faith. One woman with a heart burning for prayer, speaking openly of the goodness of the Lord, can change a century.  We have seen it!  

Today, it is your turn; it’s my turn.  Godly women called to impact the culture and bring glory to the name of the One True God. We will do this, together, as we “Gather the women of the world to pray” on November 5th.  

Have you shared this good news yet? Invited friends? Registered to attend? Talked to your friends and church about hosting a group?  Believe with me…God has always used a woman. 

He will use you even today.

Always Expect Amazing,

Diane Strack, Founder and President of She Loves Out Loud Global