We often allow the guilt of what we didn’t do enough of to overwhelm the love of what Jesus has already done for us.
What we know for sure is that…
“Hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” Romans 5:5
The moment we begin to lose hope, the Great God of love comes calling us back to His heart, carrying with Him a big fat pitcher of mercy and grace to pour upon our lives. The angels must marvel at such lavish love.
I woke up one morning with this verse ringing in my mind over and over –
“His anger is but for a moment; His favor is for life.” Psalm 30:5
Such a dear promise.
Author Roy Hession writes, “But with God our failure is never final! Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of lost men and lost situations, whether the situation has been wrong for half a lifetime or only a day….He not only forgives the sin we confess but also overrules for good the whole situation in which we have landed ourselves!”
Today a woman asked me to pray for her and her boyfriend to be able to buy a house. I asked why they would commit to buy a house together but not commit to marriage. They shrugged their shoulders as I shared, “You can’t go halfway with God, asking for blessings but not committing all the way to His word. Not just the laws, but also the promises.” We joined hands, the three of us, around my kitchen island and prayed together for wisdom and salvation. And there, in that moment, the luxurious grace of God poured upon them.
Oh sister, do not go another day without lifting your face to heaven to receive an outpouring of grace. Do not go a moment longer without renewing your mind and heart before Him.
“Lord, our hands and hearts are outstretched and lifted up to Your heavens. We receive your forgiveness of our sin, both the wrongs and the undone deeds. We stand amazed at Your power and glory. As you renew us in heart, may You also prepare us for our tomorrows. Fill us with Your Spirit that we may speak with confidence of Your love and mercy; overcome the grumblings of the world; and share hope in Jesus’ name.”
Coming to you in May! Inspiration and resources galore! We are celebrating Moms and daughters.
- May 3rd Come laugh and pray with us as SLOL Team shares their most embarrassing “Mom” moments. Hosted by Donna Gaines and the Team
- May 5th Prayer on our Facebook Page for the “Born Alive Abortion Survivor” bill, and for the leadership of our nation.
- May 6th we will join in the virtual National Day of Prayer.
- May 9th is Mother’s Day. Join us in celebration with Christi Haag
- May 10th – Breaking the Cycle of Pain for Your Children by Diane Strack on YouTube
- May 12, 19, 26 – Prayer with Abortion Survivor Claire Culwell on forgiveness and redemption; for protection for the unborn, Facebook Page
- May 15th – Courgeous Woman, Lori Apon, tells the story of her husband’s suicide and raising 8 children on her own. What a prayer warrior this woman is!
- May 20th Donna Gaines interviews a Courageous Woman who refused to abort her baby after doctors mistakenly told her he would not be born viable.
So many heart-pounding, true stories of amazing women, glorious Scripture, prayer together, and resources you can share. See you there!
Still expecting amazing,